13.6.09

The Quest




here's a widescreen version

It came out of the blue...
an overwhelming power, an irrational attraction to all things orange. I've meditated on it every way I know how, but haven't availed.

So here I am, thinking once again, sittin' on a fence. Literally

it came down on me like a ton o' bricks
i couldn't resist it, so i head to yield and chase my ghosts...

I had to stay alert, to keep my eyes open for anything, to search for any sound or smell, that resonated with my inner trembling...

neither the highest positions nor the underground stashes were denied to me in my lust for something I was not yet positive about.

I felt an urge to turn my back to the light and roam the darkness, where the odour grew stronger with each pace.

I felt that the force that was driving me has reached its full strength

it reminded me of my childhood – the hustle of the playground, the warmth of the sun and the permeating fragrance.

before I knew it, I was out in the city, trying to catch up with my own legs, rambling, never knowing why...

And this one called out to the taste for the unknown, the desire to travel overseas, a stowaway in a crate...

Now there was no turning back and no time to loose

at times I felt as if the whole world was after me: the birds appeared to be watching me from above, the very ground looked ill at ease

there i was at last, at the pinnacle of my quest, still hiding behind another one of glass

at last, when my powers were almost over, the riddle was solved, the mystery unfurled, and THEY came in all their might

6 comments:

  1. В конце не хватает только аплодисментов!) Где вы раздобыли такую стену с корабликом? Или это компьютерная графика? Пушко, ты читаешь текст?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Аплодисменты должны быть в зрительном зале при просмотре...
    Стена есть в городе.
    Да, я — через носок.. ; )
    Понравилось? )) приходи к нам сниматься! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Через носок, говоришь???)) Он хоть чистый был?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Конечно! а иначе звук получится грязный... ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. звучащая в сцене бега с зонтиком тема с ударами бубуна - предположительно остаточные воспоминания о "Douce dame jolie" Гийома де Машо.

    ReplyDelete
  6. не помню, может быть. у меня её нет, чтоб послушать..

    ReplyDelete